Hospitality & Business Management Internships
Small Corporation – Working Business Practicum
The purpose of this experiential working internship is to gain knowledge, exposure and experience working in a small corporation. The participant will have the opportunity to learn and interact with customers, managers and owners of the company and understand, through a hands-on approach, the many dynamics impacting the operational management and financial results of a company. They will develop specific goals and objectives for their internship.
The intern will also experience what it is like to work in a flexible, “Team Centered” culture that understands the needs of college students and have opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Interns will work a combination of scheduled hours in our bakeries as well as dedicated time for learning and participating in the topics listed below.
- Principles of Entrepreneurship
- Food Safety, Guest Service, Brand Standards.
- Learning the key essential elements of a business.
- Understanding how a business works from an entrepreneurial perspective.
- Why is a Mission Statement important and what are the critical components.
- The Customer, Team and Community Experience.
- Marketing a business to drive results.
- Managing key expense drivers such as food costs, labor and controllables.
- Internal and External Tools to measure results including SWOT Analysis.
- Building a Team Centered Culture.
- Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet Statements.
- Key Performance Indicators and Financial Score Cards.
- Learning how to actively market and track results.
- Attracting, Training and Retaining Top Performers – The “Bigger Picture!”
Internships available at the following locations:
Bruegger’s Bagels – Upper ArlingtonThe Shops on Lane Avenue
1621 West Lane Avenue
Upper Arlington, OH 43221
Bruegger’s Bagels – DublinThe Shoppes at River Ridge
4425 West Dublin-Granville Rd.
Dublin, OH 43017